About two weeks ago, I ordered a pretty red dress online and afterward thought it would be great to wear on Valentine's Day. Unfortunately, it didn't show up by Saturday.
Come Sunday, I decided I wanted something red to wear anyway.
Remembering I had some red fabric in my stash (received as part of the same group of fabric that became the granny skirt) and grabbing a simple previously made pattern (Simplicity 2758). I whipped this skirt up in an evening.
It is generally know that I am not a fast sewer.
It was only a through a confluence of positive circumstances that it came together so quickly:
- I happened to have all the materials on hand, including the fabric, interfacing, red thread and a sufficiently long red zipper.
- I has sewed the pattern before, so the pattern pieces were already cut out and I knew it fit well.
- The pattern is basically three pieces: skirt front, skirt back, and waist band. Plus the added strip for the faux bow.
- Only two seams to finish!
- The material is a faux suede, so I couldn't really iron it. Meaning, I didn't have to iron it!
- The zipper went in super easily on the first try.
To add a hint of pizazz, I added some top stitching on the waistband and on off-center bow.
And voila! Festive Valentine's Day skirt!