We had a whole weekend of sun which meant I finally got to wear a new summer top I made on Saturday.
It's loosely based on Maryy's Hot Hot Heat top tutorial, and was made before a) Burdastyle made an actual pattern of it and b) I took the pattern-making class, so it was a lot of trial and error to get something that looks right. There was a time in the middle when I thought it was hopeless, but I think it turned out pretty well in the end. The fabric came from a bag of stuff from a friend of m mother-in-law's, so it was nice to have some free fabric to experiment with.
But really this post is about Sunday, which involved soft-serve with sprinkles and several hours at Fort Williams Park taking it all in.
Summer is finally here! Hooray!