So here's the first of those projects I teased in the last post. As Leigh guessed, I was crocheting in raffia - specifically, the leftovers from the Carmel Clutch.
I've been toying with the idea of crocheting a a straw hat for a while and it really kicked in when I discovered this hat on Ravelry. I decided I really needed a straw cloche.
Crochet isn't particularly my strong suit, but the whole thing came together in about a week, and I only had to redo the brim three times!! (For construction details, see my Ravelry project page.)
I finished it off with a wide striped grosgrain ribbon and a whip-stitched brim.
Now if it would only get sunny enough to require a sun hat!!