I have to say that I somehow expected things to be radically different sans TV, but really its much more the same than it has been different. I'm still tired when I get home from a stressful day at work (of which there have seemingly been many of late) and more often than not, I'll still sit down on the couch and knit, just like I would when we watched tv. Though I have been doing more spinning of late.
We have been eating at the kitchen table more and the dishes get done right after dinner more often. I will say that.
An Updated Lent by the Numbers:
- Games of Boggle Played: 1
- Games of Scrabble Played: 1
- Games of Trivial Pursuit Played: 1
- Games of Pinball Played at the Mall: about $8 worth
- Development League NBA Games Watched: 3/4 (the power went out)
- Quarters of USM Men's Lacrosse Wathched: 1 1/2
- Patterns Drafted:
- Basic Tee I : The learning experience
- Basic Tee II: getting closer....
- Concert DVDs Watched:
- Stop Making Sense
- Patty Griffin at the Artist Den
- The Last Waltz
- Johnny Cash at Austin City Limits
- Guster on Ice
- Pink Martini : Live
- Movies Watched:
- The Hangover
- Episodes of The West Wing watched on DVD: a lot
- Episodes of Mad Men watched on DVD: 3/4 of Season 1
- CDs Listened to: too many to count!!
- Visits to Borders to read comic books and magazines: 3
- Walks taken: a lot
- Books read:
- 1/4 of Pride & Prejudice
- Times Mr. Cleaver fell asleep with a book in his hands and didn't wake up when I took it out: 2
- Hours of live TV watched: 0
There's also been dining out, internet surfing, knitting, sewing and general lollygagging about.